Sperm cryopreservation Or Sperm Freezing
Sperm cryo-freezing or sperm cryopreservation means freezing men’s sperms cells for use at a later date.
1. Sperm freezing can be used for sperm donation to the infertile couples.
2. This process benefits men at risk of reducing fertility from cancer treatment or other health concerns
3. There is no known time limit on the viability of cryo-preserve sperms but usually, it is stored for five years.
- The husbands can preserve their sperms for use in IUI or IVF if they have to travel outside when the procedure is planned.
- Cryopreservation of sperms is also done as a backup while doing IVF cycle as sometimes there is problem in collecting the sperms on the day of IVF due to anxiety.
- This process benefits men at risk of reducing fertility from cancer treatment.
- In cases of less number or motility of the sperms, the many samples of sperms are frozen and pooled to use it for IVF or IUI.